Ladakh is one of the most enchanting regions and one of the most popular tourist attractions of India. Weeklong Journey to Ladakh tour package, offers the visitor a chance to experience the best of sights and sounds of Ladakh. This well-planned itinerary by LehLadakh India takes you to some of the gems of Ladakh such as Nubra Valley and Pangong Lake. Indulge in sightseeing and shopping in Leh, bird watching at Pangong Lake and Camel Safari at Nubra Valley.
- Visit to Alchi Monastery for its miniature paintings
- Halt at the confluence of River Indus and River Zanskar
- Camel Safari on the white sand dunes of Nubra
- Shopping in local markets of Leh
- Explore the very-popular Hemis monastery
- A day at the mesmerizing Pangong Lake
Itinerary Details Day 1: Delhi - Leh
Catch a flight from Delhi airport to Leh. On arriving in Leh, meet our tour representative who helps you with an assisted transfer to your hotel. After completing the check-in formalities, the day is at leisure. Placed at an altitude of 3542 meters, the enchanting Leh is one of the most popular tourist destinations of India. It is extremely important that you acclimatize yourself to the high pressure of the high altitude so that you can enjoy your vacations here. Overnight stay.
Day 2: Leh - Alchi - Leh
The 2nd day of the tour, begin driving westwards of Leh to visit Alchi Monastery. The Buddhist monastery, AlchiGompa was founded between 958 - 1055 AD. The complex is placed on the banks of River Indus. One of Ladakh's most important Buddhist centers of learning, this monastery houses some old miniature paintings. On the way, drive the Magnetic Hill- one of the wonders of the Himalayas and later halt to click some pictures at the confluence of Rivers Zanskar and Indus in Nimu. Thereafter, continue to the monastery. When you are returning to the hotel, visit Military Hall of Fame- a museum constructed and maintained by the Army in the memory of the war heroes. Stay overnight.
Day 3: Leh - Nubra Valley
Start your day early and get transferred to Nubra Valley, by road. Driver past Khardungla, touted as the highest motorable road in the world, placed at an altitude of 18360 feet. Enjoy the mesmerizing views. Afternoon is scheduled for a visit to Hundur and Diskit monasteries, placed at a small distance from each other. Both are popular Buddhist monasteries of Nubra. Next visit is to the white sand dunes where you partake in Camel Safari on double-humped camels, found only in Nubra. Back to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 4: Nubra Valley - Leh
The morning of day 4 is for visiting Samstanling Monastery-known for its serene ambiance and assembly halls with artifacts. Return to Leh via Khardung La. The evening is scheduled for exploring the local markets of Leh, where you can get your hands on some amazing stuff such as wood carvings, Pashmina shawls, Masks, pearls, handicrafts and more. Overnight stay.
Day 5: Leh - Pangong Lake
The day is scheduled for an excursion to the Pangong Lake. On the way, drive past Chang La- the high mountain pass at an altitude 5360 m. Later, continue towards the lake crossing Durnuk and Tangtse village, placed in Changthang region. Witness the daily activities of the locals. Afternoon arrival at the banks of the lake. Set-up tents here. Also known as Pangong Tso, it is an enchanting lake. Treat your eyes to the amazing views of the surrounding area. Visit the nearby located local village to gain an insight into the local culture of Leh. Overnight in tents.
Day 6: Pangong - Leh
Start day 6 of the tour a little early to capture some early morning views around the lake. During this of the day, the place offers some wonderful photography opportunities. Later, have breakfast and begin driving back to Leh. On the way, if you want, you can halt at the richest and the largest monastery of Ladakh, Hemis Monastery. Afternoon arrival in Leh. After arriving, complete the check-in formalities at the hotel. Later, you can indulge on shopping for souvenirs for your loved ones back home. Overnight stay..
Day 7: Leh - Delhi
In the morning of the last, get an assisted transfer to the KushokBakula airport to board flight for Delhi.
Trip Prices Includes:
- Twin sharing accommodation (Double room) at all places in Hotels / Camps as applicable to the itinerary.
- Breakfast & Dinner.
- Welcome drink on arrival with cookies and biscuits.
- Welcome drink on arrival with cookies and biscuits.
- Airport transfer in Leh.
- Exclusive sightseeing & excursions by 01 non ac Scorpio / / Mahindra Xylo vehicles, the same car shall do the complete itinerary. (maximum 6 persons( including kids) are possible in one vehicle, for more than 6 please ask for separate rates)
- Wildlife fee Pangong Lake and Nubra Valley areas which are protected wildlife sanctuaries in Ladakh.
- Inner line permit for restricted areas of Nubra, Pangong and Tsomoriri areas (Guest are required to bring one a photocopy of their photo identity proof along with them )
- All applicable taxes
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- 05 Nights’ Accommodation as per above table details.
- 05 B/fast & Dinner at Hotel.
- All Transfers & sightseeing at Shimla, Manali& Chandigarh by car.
- All Taxes.
- Any expenses incurred due to Exigencies.
- Travel Insurance.
- Monument /Camera fees.
- Any personal expenses like laundry, shopping, tips etc.
- Air & Train fair.
- Heater Charges per night.
- Any Adventure Activities.
- Note: Rohtang Pass are sub. To Govt. Permission on direct payment.
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) Leh Environment fee
- Domestic airfare
- Tour guide.
- Monastery entrances fee
- Camel riding fee.
- Personal items like mineral water, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Extra meals / room services / bottled beverages consumed at the hotel.
- Additional costs for Hotel accommodation, transport services due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.
- Porterage& tips at the airport, Hotel/Camp staff & drivers